1. Login to your Gixxer account with Safari on a Mac.
2. Download the Install App file and then copy it to Applications.
3. Format a 16GB USB (or larger) stick and call it GixxerUSB.
4. Partition the 16GB USB (or larger) stick in half and call the unnamed partition Post Install.
5. Open up the Terminal by pressing CMD+SPACE and type Terminal.
6. In the Terminal window, run the following code: [view code]
7. You will be prompted for your Administrator password so enter it.
8. Accept the warning to wipe your partition on the USB Flash Drive.
Ready to start.
To continue we need to erase the volume at /Volumes/GixxerUSB.
If you wish to continue type (Y) then press return: Y
Erasing Disk: 0%… 10%… 20%… 30%…100%…
Copying installer files to disk…
Making disk bootable…
Copying boot files…
9. Your 16GB USB stick is ready for you to mount the EFI Partition.
10. In the Terminal window, run the following code:
/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *15.4 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Install macOS 7.5 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_HFS Post Install 7.4 GB disk1s3
11. In the Terminal window, run the following code:
sudo diskutil mount disk1s1
Volume EFI on disk1s1 mounted
12. In Safari for Mac, download the EFI.zip file and uncompress.
13. Copy the contents of the uncompressed EFI.zip file to the EFI Partition.
14. In the Terminal window, run the following code:
sudo diskutil unmount disk1s1
Volume EFI on disk1s1 unmounted
…copying shared history…
…saving history…truncating history files…
Deleting expired sessions…none found.
Now that everything is finished, eject and store away your USB Flash Drive.